Saturday, August 17, 2013

My first and last post about you, with much love of course.

Knowing you intentionally hurt my feelings, knowing that deep down inside all the 'I Love Yous' and 'Forevers' was a love that was set to detonate at a specific time set before we met. A part of me holds on to you, a part that will not accept the hurt someone so close could inflict with a gentle smile and a touch that could melt my heart. Being broken and torn, crushed to the brink of not sleeping yet waking up to a morning sun, living was far out compared to survival.

I fought for you when people talked about you, I stood up and stood beside you,I told you things to your face and kept it real. I comforted you and I pushed you to what you wanted to be. You, in turn took it for granted, made a fool of me. Lived of me emotionally, spiritually, physically, yet I forgave you and was there for you like before. In turn, once again, adavantage was taken off me. Once again I was left alone to pick the pieces up, stare at you walk away and fend on my own.

A part of me still loves you. Well, the love I had for the person I "thought" I knew. You looked straight at me and promised me we would work on things make ends meet, all along you had a plan that did not involve me. I stayed when I was not welcome, I helped out when it was not requested. Now here I am trying to figure it out keeping myself together when my world is falling apart.

My life changed when I met you, for better or for worse I will take things in my own hands to define what I am made off. You crushed my heart but my spirit soars. I am not done yet and you are free to go. I stand higher than the small pedestal you put me under. I am just getting started and you were a small blunder. You have yet to see the true Cori, she is made of all the things small yet impossible to find yet truly amazing to see. My gain, your loss, I guess it was meant to be.

1 comment: