Saturday, November 6, 2010

A prayer

He lay asleep, as the drip fused him with fresh blood. I waited not knowing how I got there. Yet something told me that is where I was supposed to be.

He lay still not moving and I waited looking around. Something told me I had been here before. I couldn't comprehend the people around me or what they were doing. Nurses rushing in and out in a hurry saving one life after the other. I was baffled by my presence yet I stayed and watched with the thought that kept playing on my mind.

I looked at him and wondered what happened. I could not tell what was going on and then, all at once the machines went off. Nurses started to rush in and tried to revive him. I stood there stunned and shocked at the situation before me.

They started to wheel him out of the room and from the building into the ambulance. People stood around and watched. There was yellow tape and somehow we had to get through that. They stopped and tried to get through the barrier. I grabbed the packet of blood and ducked underneath the tape. I lifted the tape up and let them through. Somehow it made sense and once again he could be transferred to the ambulance. I rushed through the crowd and realized outside it was raining they rushed him inside the ambulance.

A woman grabbed me and hugged me and looked into my eyes and smiled. "Thank you for saving my son." Tears trickled down her face and all of a sudden I realized I was sitting beside him all this time. I looked at his helpless body in the ambulance and closed my eyes and prayed out loud the thoughts in my head.

The woman grabbed my arm and then said " This, this is a prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment