Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Chocolates and Heartaches

Another day passes and I sit here wondering whether you will be mine again. I ponder on all the thoughts we could have shared, and as each time I think of calling you I recall it is not me who needs this space but you. So I wait hoping and praying you will come right back.But the chances of you walking back in with a smile and a heart that feels the wonder of us is slim, and the chances of me walking away heartbroken are high. Yet, I am still ready to take this chance, this risk knowing I might fall flat on my face in front of a crowd jeering.

Although I got the support of many I wait to see your hand to pick me back up. I'm lost in a cloud of strangers as my friends and looking for a soul that soothes mines as they meet. I long for another embrace, another laugh, another cry with you. Could it be we needed this? Would it hurt us more than fix us? I don't believe in meant to be's , I just believe in you and me and that is all I need. so just let me hear your voice so my heart stays calm awaiting for you, and knowing you are okay and everything will be fine.

I'll fight till the world crumbles under my feet, I'll be stubborn and irrational if only that means I get to keep you for just another day longer. If that means your breaths are familiar to me then I'll shut the doors and stay in with you for eternity. Can you promise me your heart? Can you promise me your tears and heartaches? I swear I'll share the chocolate with you too.

Make a promise standing here as the world falls apart, I'll look into your eyes and you look into mine. We'll smile to each other and hold hands, make a promise that no man made disaster can stand. I will walk into your arms with tears on my face knowing this day forward it is just you and me and nothing else could come between us.

But I guess that dream has come to pass, and there needs to be space that separates and blurs the dreams to just a thought not worth pondering upon. Could you stand with me one last time? Make a pact that we'll make it to the end. I'll call you and share as each story happens and we'll laugh and cry and make fun of everything that needs be. I give you my word, I give you my heart, this is a battle we could win.

No comments:

Post a Comment