Friday, May 6, 2011

Changes

Nothing changes the way I feel for you
Something I can tell was our love, that was true
I know we left a lot unsaid
and I know sometimes its best to keep it that way
But each time I close my eyes
Thoughts of you and I
I miss the hug, the warm embrace
The delight of seeing your face
The smile that made me warm inside
The love you showered without any pride
But somehow that changed, you changed
I held my breath and begged for you to stay
I swallowed my pride and strode ahead
I sulked and moped for as long as I could
But chin up and smile I thought I should
The quivering curve on my face I could no longer pull
I cried and prayed come back please
My wish I knew was hard to fulfill
I'm moving on, or at least I'm trying
Your what I wanted I want you by my side
A kiss and a hug, I fell for you
Now all I want is the love we value
Mark, I hate how you made me feel
I love the moments we shared, we were not the best
there were moments were I transgressed
There were times you would have absurd requests
But now it's over and done
This love was over before it begun

No comments:

Post a Comment